We were appointed as architects to lead a programme of repairs to this Grade II church in Stockport.
The church was in very poor condition externally with significant roof and masonry problems to the South side and to the East Gables. It was on English Heritage's 'Heritage at Risk' Register.
Internally the fabric was damaged by past roof leaks, affecting plaster wall finsihes and decoration. Wet rot had also led to the major distortion of the North and South aisle gutter beams and other roof timbers. The Church became unsafe to use in 2013 with the need for emergency propping works.
Wycliffe is a Grade II listed church built in 1849 in the Gothic Revival style of the mid-19th century.
BTP were commissioned initially to undertake a Quinquennial Survey to highlight essential repairs and document conditions. This subsequently led to a successful grant application to English Heritage for urgent masonry and timber repair with slate reroofing across 2 phases of work.
We have recently helped the Church secure HLF funding for a third phase of works to repair and remodel the internal spaces to create a flexible events and communtiy facility.
BTP led a programme of repair works across two phases for this Grade II listed Church in Over, Winsford. Designed originally by renowned local architect John Douglas in 1867, the
BTP were appointed as architects on a project for Wiggett Homes to design and deliver 10 luxury private homes on Brinnington Road in Stockport. Overlooking Warth Meadow in Stockport, the
BTP has just completed work on a large court house in the heart of Birmingham city centre. We were appointed as lead designer and architect to provide an additional 12 hearing
BTP was appointed by Rochdale Borough Council to refurbish and restore two Grade II listed houses, originally designed by famous local architect, Edgar Wood. BTP delivered the refurbishment works as
BTP has transformed a Grade II listed building on Chestergate in the centre of Macclesfield into six modern apartments for client Onward Housing. Armitage Construction were builders on the development which