We were appointed as architects to lead a project of repairs to this landmark Grade I listed 18th century church.
The present church, built in brickwork between 1740-42, stands on the site of a medieval church, which was demolished with the exception of the lower levels of the stone tower. The tower was then raised in 1786 to its current height with a parapet and pinnacles. In 1839-40 the church was further extended by one bay on the West end either side of the tower with a porch added facing the street.
The church is rectangular in plan form, seven bays long with two tiers of windows, round headed above and segment arch headed below. The Venetian East window is set in a pediment brick projection with niches either side.
During the spring of 2012, we were commissioned to undertake the Quinquennial Inspection of the church by the Parochial church Council of St. Peter's church. The recommendation within the report was that the replacement of the roof finish should be undertaken as a priority repair item along with associated structural timber repairs. The church was covered in concrete tiles which were heavily degraded and the replacement of these with Welsh slate formed the basis of a successful grant application to English Heritage under the Listed Places of Worship Repair Scheme, with a grant being awarded in December 2012.
A second phase of priority repairs is currently being developed for a grant submission to the Heritage Lottery Fund.
BTP led a programme of repair works across two phases for this Grade II listed Church in Over, Winsford. Designed originally by renowned local architect John Douglas in 1867, the
BTP were appointed as architects on a project for Wiggett Homes to design and deliver 10 luxury private homes on Brinnington Road in Stockport. Overlooking Warth Meadow in Stockport, the
BTP has just completed work on a large court house in the heart of Birmingham city centre. We were appointed as lead designer and architect to provide an additional 12 hearing
BTP was appointed by Rochdale Borough Council to refurbish and restore two Grade II listed houses, originally designed by famous local architect, Edgar Wood. BTP delivered the refurbishment works as
BTP has transformed a Grade II listed building on Chestergate in the centre of Macclesfield into six modern apartments for client Onward Housing. Armitage Construction were builders on the development which